Welcome to the Feasterville Fire Company official website. We are 100% professional volunteers since 1943. We are comprised of approximately 50 members who operate in various functions. We are nationally and state certified firefighters, fire police, first responders, emergency medical technicians and paramedics. We also have auxiliary and administrative personnel. Feel free to browse the website. If you have any questions, comments or concerns please feel free to e-mail, call or stop by the fire station.
Thank you to all of the residents and businesses that have contributed to our 2013/2014 fund drive.
THINK SAFETY ALL YEAR ROUND. REMEMBER TO TEST SMOKE & CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR BATTERIES EVERY MONTH.
Smokers and Non-smokers and Fire Safety
If you smoke or live with someone who smokes, learn the facts. A lit cigarette left alone in a room, or accidentally dropped onto a chair or bed, or hot cigarette ashes or matches tossed away before they are completely out - all can cause a large fire in seconds.
Putting out a cigarette the right way only takes seconds, too. It is up to you to make sure your cigarette is put out, all the way, every time.
One-in-four people killed in home fires is not the smoker whose cigarette caused the fire.
- More than one third were children of the smokers.
- Twenty-five percent were neighbors or friends of the smokers.
Take a moment to learn about Smoking & Home Fire action steps. Click on the links below to learn how you can protect your home from smoking-related fires. Get a fact sheet with tips. Watch a video below that shows how quickly a room can go up in flames. Get the facts.
Smoking and House Fires
Portable Generator Safety
Portable generators are useful when temporary or remote electric power is needed, but they can be hazardous. The primary hazards to avoid when using them are carbon monoxide poisoning, electric shock or electrocution, and fire.
The United States Fire Administration (USFA) would like you to know that there are simple steps you can take to prevent the loss of life and property resulting from improper use of portable generators.
To Avoid Carbon Monoxide Hazards:
- Always use generators outdoors, away from doors, windows and vents.
- NEVER use generators in homes, garages, basements, crawl spaces, or other enclosed or partially enclosed areas, even with ventilation.
- Follow manufacturer's instructions.
- Install battery-operated or plug-in (with battery backup) carbon monoxide (CO) alarms in your home, following manufacturer's instructions.
- Test CO alarms often and replace batteries when needed.
To Avoid Electrical Hazards:
- Keep the generator dry. Operate on a dry surface under an open, canopy- like structure.
- Dry your hands before touching the generator.
- Plug appliances directly into generator or use a heavy-duty outdoor- rated extension cord. Make sure the entire extension cord is free of cuts or tears and the plug has all 3 prongs, especially a grounding pin.
- NEVER plug the generator into a wall outlet. This practice, known as back feeding, can cause an electrocution risk to utility workers and others served by the same utility transformer.
- If necessary to connect generator to house wiring to power appliances, have a qualified electrician install appropriate equipment. Or, your utility company may be able to install an appropriate transfer switch.
To Avoid Fire Hazards:
- Before refueling the generator, turn it off and let it cool. Fuel spilled on hot engine parts could ignite.
- Always store fuel outside of living areas in properly labeled, non-glass containers.
- Store fuel away from any fuel-burning appliance.